Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/18814
Post Title: Project Management – Senior Assistant for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Business Support Organisations
Post Level: LICA 5
Org Unit: ECR, RSPO, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Niš, Serbia
Duration: Ongoing ICA – One year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funds availability
Closing Date: 25 November 2019
1. Background Information
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’
peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSOC is implementing 14 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broaderSustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
EU PRO Programme background
The European Union Support to Municipal Development – EU PRO Programme1 will contribute to a more balanced socio-economic development of Serbia, by enhancing competitiveness and social cohesion of 99 municipalities, in two regions: Šumadija and Western Serbia and South and Eastern Serbia.2 The European Union (EU) has allocated 25 million Euros for the implementation of the Programme during 36 months. The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) was selected for indirect management, through a Call for Expression of Interest.3
There are three results that the Programme will achieve:
- Result 1: Improved technological structure of SMEs and their ability to export
- Result 2: Improved conditions for business operations through more efficient administrative service provision, better land management and specific infrastructure investments
- Result 3: Better social cohesion and attractive living environment through improvement of small scale public infrastructure and social relations.
- The direct beneficiaries of the EU PRO are local administration structures, local SMEs, civil society organisations (CSOs) and business support organisations (BSOs). The final beneficiaries are the inhabitants of 99 municipalities.
- The EU PRO Programme is based on the National Priorities for International Assistance in the Republic of Serbia 2014-2017, with projections until 2020 (NAD)4, significant for Serbia’s EU accession process and socioeconomic development. Its activities will be undertaken in partnership with the Government of Serbia, while respecting the national strategies, laws and relevant development documents, in order to ensure national ownership and help develop national capacities.
2. Functional Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Management – Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs, the Senior Assistant will provide assistance in implementation of activities within the Sector for SMEs and BSOs. He or she will work closely with Sector Associates in order to contribute to efficient and effective monitoring of implementation of projects within this Sector, to support provision of assistance to SMEs and BSOs in the Programme Area of Responsibility (AoR) aiming at improved technological structure of SMEs and their abilitybto increase their market share.
The Senior Assistant will undertake the following activities/responsibilities:
- Maintain relationship with the Sector beneficiaries
- Provide assistance in development of reports on Sector activities
- Provide assistance in organisation of functions to present the Programme’s support to SMEs and BSOs
- With guidelines from the Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs, and in coordination with the Sector Associates, closely monitor implementation of projects related to SMEs and BSOs
- Conduct field visits to Sector beneficiaries in the AoR assigned by the Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs
- Liaise with the support services team to support successful implementation of grant agreements by maintaining regular communication between the programme and support services units in order to ensure timely exchange of information on the status of provision of services, procurements and grant agreements
- With guidelines from the Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs, and in coordination with the Sector Associates, provide basic technical assistance to the Sector beneficiaries in implementation of projects
- Provide assistance in collection, preparation, and archiving of documentation related to processing of Sector related financial transactions
- Establish activity progress tracking sheets and regularly update with inputs provided by beneficiaries and services providers
- Maintain archive related to SME and BSE activities, as per agreement with the Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs and in line with the UNOPS/EU PRO requirements
- Report on the key local developments that are relevant for the Sector
- With the guidance of the Senior Officer for SMEs and BSOs, liaise with retainers and service providers to support implementation of the Sector activities including gathering data on their engagement, collecting and storing their reports, communicating directly with retainers in relation to administrative and procedural issues
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and assist in implementation of mitigation measures in accordance with the Risk Management Strategy
- Support organization of trainings, information sessions, and other events related to promotion of the CFPs for SMEs and capacity building of potential beneficiaries to adequately respond to the Calls
- Assist in drafting reports as envisaged by the Programme Document
- Assist in development of the Programme’s plans
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on the progress of activities against the Logical Framework Matrix indicators
- Contribute to identification and sharing of Programme’s lessons learned and best practices
- Contribute to efficient and effective use of EU PRO and UNOPS tools for monitoring of Programme’s performance, outputs and benefits
- Contribute to the successful administrative and financial closure of activities within the Sector for SMEs and BSOs
- Provide support to Programme’s communication and visibility activities
- Review documentation related to implementation of SMEs and BSOs grants and propose revisions, approvals of the next phases of implementation.
- Monitor and report on Corporate Social Responsibility activities implemented by grant beneficiaries, SMEs and BSOs.
- Provide feedback and support to grant beneficiaries, SMEs and BSOs regarding preparation and filing grant related documents.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
3. Required Selection Criteria
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in economics, social sciences, engineering or development studies is an asset
b. Work Experience
- Five years of experience in project support functions in Serbia is required. Bachelor’s degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Familiarity with Serbian business environment is an asset
- Direct experience in assisting implementation of grant schemes is an asset
c. Language Requirements
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required
d. Driving License
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
e. Core Competencies
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms.
Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
Project Management – Senior Assistant for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Business Support Organisations 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- Srednja škola
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine