Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/17970
Post Title: Engineer (two regular positions)
Post Level: L-ICA, Level 8
Org Unit: ECR, RSOC, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Belgrade and Novi Sad, Serbia
Duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 9 June 2019
1. Background Information
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSOC is implementing 13 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project Background
The Government of the Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed three financial agreements worth 200 million Euros for the Project “Modernization, Development, Expansion and Extension of clinical centres in the cities of Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis and Kragujevac” (Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project). The Project started in 2007 but due to the size and complexity, as well as limited resources and capacities of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), established within the Ministry of Health at the start of the Project, the implementation is well behind planned timelines.
In order to support Project’s ‘back on track’ and to effectively use above mentioned loans from EIB, the Government of Republic of Serbia has requested UNOPS to provide technical assistance support in project management and infrastructure project management to assist in the planning and implementation of the Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project, financed by the Government of Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB).
The technical assistance includes the capacity building of the Ministry of Health and its Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to implement donor and international financial institutions (IFIs) funded projects based on project management principles in the future.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
UNOPS Serbia Operations Centre is planning to fill two positions based on this Vacancy Announcement in the following cities: Belgrade and Novi Sad.
Under guidance of the Project Chief Engineer and supervision of the Site Engineer, the Engineer is responsible for the day to day technical monitoring of all aspects of construction and equipping of the clinical centre in Belgrade or Novi Sad. The Engineer will regularly inform Site Engineer and PIU on projects’ progress, scope of works and variations.
The Engineer will undertake the following tasks/duties:
Delivery and performance
a) General construction
- Assist in planning and coordination of work activities on clinical centre with the Site Engineer.
- Follow up progress and inform Site Engineer to take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns.
- Report and recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays and/or cost overruns to the Site Engineer and Project Chief Engineer.
- Assist in monitoring and supervision of project work progress and quality for on-time project delivery clinical centre.
- Assist Site Engineer to monitor contractor presence on the project site, including Bill of Quantities (BoQ) as per approved contracts.
- Provide monthly report to Site Engineer detailing all project matters including quality, health and safety, environmental and financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays, cost overruns, variations and any other matter as agreed with the Project Chief Engineer.
- Support the Site Engineer in reviewing the technical documents (drawings, BoQ, technical specification and standards).
b) Construction supervision
- Support Site Engineer and PIU to supervise construction works and administer works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications for clinical centre site.
- Provide information to Site Engineer to verify that works for clinical centre site are consistent with the project technical specifications and inform promptly of eventual deviations.
- Provide inputs to Site Engineer in the preparation of project/contracts related documentations for clinical centre site such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, site meeting minutes, engineer’s instructions and variation orders, contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports.
- Support Site Engineer for clinical centre site in monitoring of surveying works, engineering control of the works etc.
- Assist Site Engineer in development, update and implementation of project work plans for clinical centre site.
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and implement mitigation measures for clinical centre site.
- Produce site reports related to infrastructure activities for clinical centre site.
Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
At the request of Project Manager and as may be reasonably required, provide support to the UNOPS activities in line with the scope of the services of this ToR, in order to promote the common objectives of the UNOPS, EIB, Government.
3. Required Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is required
- Master Degree in relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
b. Work Experience
- Two years of relevant progressive experience in construction management or civil engineering is required
- In depth knowledge of Serbian building code, and infrastructure and planning related laws is required
- Experience in working on health related infrastructure projects an asset
- Experience in working with FIDIC contract modality is an asset
c. Language Requirements
- Serbian as native language is required
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset
- Construction (Civil) Engineering License is required
- Project Management certification is an asset
e. Driving licence
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
f. Core Competencies
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above).
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter indicating a preference in terms of duty station and a copy of relevant license to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
Engineer (two regular positions) 1
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine