Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
In an effort to promote organizational excellence, UNOPS seeks highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/18298
Post Title: Senior Officer for Infrastructure
Post Level: LICA 9
Org Unit: ECR, RSOC, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Belgrade, Serbia
Duration: Ongoing ICA – Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
1. Background Information
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSOC is implementing 13 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
EU PRO Programme background
The European Union Support to Municipal Development – EU PRO Programme will contribute to a more balanced socio-economic development of Serbia, by enhancing competitiveness and social cohesion of 99 municipalities, in two regions: Šumadija and Western Serbia and South and Eastern Serbia. The European Union (EU) has allocated 25 million Euros for the implementation of the Programme during 36 months. The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) was selected for indirect management, through a Call for Expression of Interest.
There are three results that the Programme will achieve:
- Result 1: Improved technological structure of SMEs and their ability to export
- Result 2: Improved conditions for business operations through more efficient administrative service provision, better land management and specific infrastructure investments
- Result 3: Better social cohesion and attractive living environment through improvement of small scale public infrastructure and social relations.
The direct beneficiaries of the EU PRO are local administration structures, local SMEs, civil society organisations (CSOs) and business support organisations (BSOs). The final beneficiaries are the inhabitants of 99 municipalities.
The EU PRO Programme is based on the National Priorities for International Assistance in the Republic of Serbia 2014-2017, with projections until 2020 (NAD) , significant for Serbia’s EU accession process and socio-economic development. Its activities will be undertaken in partnership with the Government of Serbia, while respecting the national strategies, laws and relevant development documents, in order to ensure national ownership and help develop national capacities.
3. Functional Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Senior Officer for Infrastructure will manage the Programme’s activities aiming at creation of improved conditions for business operations through provision of more efficient administrative services, enhanced land management and implementation of social and economic infrastructure projects. He/she will manage Sector for Infrastructure personnel and play a leading role in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Sector activities.
The Senior Officer for Infrastructure will undertake the following activities/responsibilities:
- Establish and cultivate professional relationship with the counterparts in the Ministry of Construction , Transport, and Infrastructure, Public Investment Management Office (PIMO), Programme Local Self- Governments (LSGs) and other Sector stakeholders
- Develop reports and qualitative and quantitative analysis on the Sector performance
- Contribute to presentation of the Programme’s contribution to Infrastructure and business enabling environment (BEE)
- Provide support to Programme’s communication and visibility activities
Delivery and Performance:
- Manage development and implementation of all Calls for Proposals within the Sector for Infrastructure
- Organise efficient monitoring of projects and grants supported through the Sector for Infrastructure
- Manage and review quality of implemented activities within the Sector for Infrastructure and ensure products are accepted
- Ensure efficient and effective provision of technical assistance to LSGs through development and execution of grant schemes designed to contribute to the Programme results
- Provide advisory and technical support to EU PRO on engineering issues, with particular attention on coordinating activities with other sectors
- In cooperation with the Project Manager and the Support Services Team, ensure efficient and effective management of the Sector budget
- Contribute to the Programme planning activities and ensure delivery of approved Work, Procurement, Financial, and other Sector related plans
- With support from the communications team and logistics, organise events and visibility related functions related to the Sector
- Provide timely and punctual information to the Programme team about Sector for milestones as well as about relevant external news about these fields
- With the guidance of the Grants and Procurement Officer, develop Terms of Reference necessary for engagement of consultants and or consultancies needed for the Sector for Infrastructure
- Contribute to identification and management of risks in accordance with the Risk Management Strategy
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers and retainers supporting Sector activities
- Manage establishment and monitor maintenance of archive related to Sector activities
- Provide advice to the Head of Programme on infrastructure related activities
- Ensure good governance concept, principles and practices are incorporated into the activities where applicable, in accordance to the Programme objectives and methodology
- Facilitate cooperation between municipalities and ministries, regional development agencies, donors and other programmes in order to help them to identify common projects and funding mechanisms
- With support from the Project Manager, ensure respect of UNOPS project management requirements
- With support from the Head of Support Services and the Grants and Procurement Officer, ensure respect of UNOPS procurement procedures
- With support from the Head of Support Services and the Finance Officer, ensure that all Sector’s expenditures comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR)
- Contribute to development and update of Programme’s plans and strategies
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and implement mitigation measures in accordance with the risk management strategy
- Provide timely, accurate, and quality reports and inputs as envisaged by the Programme Document
- Provide timely, accurate, and quality inputs needed for monitoring of Programme’s performance, outputs and benefit as requested by the Head of Programme and or Project Manager
- Ensure respect of UNOPS and EU PRO configuration management requirements
- Contribute to high visibility of the EU PRO, its donor, UNOPS and the other stakeholders involved in the Programme
- Ensure that Infrastructure Sector contributes to efficient and effective use of One UNOPS Projects
- Participate in the relevant UNOPS’ Communities of Practice
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Contribute to identification and sharing of Programme’s lessons learned and the best practices as per reporting format
- Liaise with Infrastructure and Project Management Group (IPMG) and other UNOPS groups
- Share knowledge and experience with the colleagues and contribute to Programme and RSOC Centre learning
- Manage the Sector personnel, including retainers
- Lead and motivate the Sector for Infrastructure personnel and ensure they respect professional standards of conduct
- Ensure good quality conduct of full performance evaluation cycle, completion of mandatory courses and encourage personnel continuous learning and development
- Support personnel development through mentoring
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNOPS and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to translate complex messages and concepts into simple language that is easy to understand
- Ability to read and write effectively
- Ability to interview colleagues, research and solicit newsworthy material relating to UNOPS issues for feature stories and other external publications
- Strong IT skills
- Leadership and Self-Management
- Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to details.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality content
- Demonstrates behaviour of professional and personal ethics transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behaviour from colleagues in the work place.
- Sensitivity to other people’s cultural and religious norms and the ability to easily blend with others
Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
At the request of Head of Office and as may be reasonably required, provide support to RSOC activities in line with the scope of services above in order to further the common objectives of RSOC and its project Donors.
4. Required Selection Criteria
- Advanced University Degree preferably in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Project Management or relevant field is required
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience in project management or engineering may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2) Practitioner Certification – preferred
- Professional licence in infrastructure related fields would be an asset
c. Work Experience
- Two years of experience in working with Local Self-Governments in Serbia on management of infrastructure projects/grants is required
- In depth knowledge of Serbian Building Code and related laws is an asset
- Direct experience in managing large infrastructure projects/grants with infrastructure activities, contributing to BEE and managing complex contracts is an asset
- Experience with the EU or the UN, or another international organisation is an asset
- Experience in supervision of consultants is an asset
d Language Requirements
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required
e. Driving license
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
f. Core Competencies
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative t act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
Senior Officer for Infrastructure 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine