Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/18818
Post Title: Project Manager
Post Level: IICA3, ICS-11
Org Unit: ECR, RSOC, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Belgrade, Serbia
Contract type: International ICA
Closing Date: 27 November 2019
1. Background Information
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSPO is implementing 14 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of a more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader
Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project Background
The Government of the Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed three financial agreements worth 200 million Euros for the Project “Modernization, Development, Expansion and Extension of clinical centres in the cities of Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis and Kragujevac” (Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project). The Project started in 2007 but due to the size and complexity, as well as limited resources and capacities of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), established within the Ministry of Health at the start of the Project, the implementation is well behind planned timelines.
In order to support Project’s ‘back on track’ and to effectively use above mentioned loans from EIB, the Government of Republic of Serbia has requested UNOPS to provide technical assistance support in project management and infrastructure project management to assist in the planning and implementation of the Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project, financed by the Government of Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB).
The technical assistance includes the capacity building of the Ministry of Health and its Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to implement donor and international financial institutions (IFIs) funded projects based on project management principles in the future.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project and provides services to the different donors, partners and beneficiaries. He/she is expected to meet and exceed the organizations performance and delivery goals.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The project manager is responsible to produce/read the project initiation documents (PID), Legal Agreement and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure the project products are capable of meeting the business cases for both
UNOPS and the client. Success of the Project and hence Project Manager will be based on the Success Criteria of UNOPS engagements which are linked to the below responsibilities. The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle. S/he must be able to apply, independently, the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria:
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues ofbsustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance)
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/Head of Office/Head of Programme and the project
Delivery and Performance:
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers
- Authorize Work Packages
- Advise the Project Board and OC Manager of any deviations from the plan
- Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved
- Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
- Identify and report potential business opportunities for UNOPS to supervisor
- Identify and report threats to UNOPS internal business case to supervisor
- Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all org the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy isncomplied with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions)
- Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: I. Project InitiationnDocumentation; II. Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions
Prepare the following reports:
- i. Highlight Reports
- ii. End Stage Reports
- iii. Operational Closure Checklist
- iv. End Project Report
- v. Handover Report
- Maintain the following: i. Electronic Blue File; ii. Procurement, HR and Finance files as required by those practices as per OD12.
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project
- Understand the unique structures of the UN and budget appropriately for personnel
- Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports)
- Where the Project Manager has no delegation as a committing officer, s/he retains these responsibilities and will monitor and instruct/request others to carry out the relevant commitments and disbursements.
- Participate in the relevant Communities of Practice
- Actively interact with other PMs and the PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies
- Complete lessons learned as per reporting format
- Incorporate lessons learned from others as per planning format
- Lead and motivate the project management team
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the Head of Programme/Head of Office
- Have a thorough understanding of UNOPS personnel contract modalities (including ICA and Staff)
- Select, recruit and train team as required by project plans
- Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s)
- Perform Project Support role, unless appointed to another person or corporate/programme function
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS standards
Core Values and Principles:
Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles
- I. Look for ways to embed UNOPS sustainability principles in day to day project management
- II. Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place
- III. Champion and communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders
Understand and Respect National ownership and capacity
- i. Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
- ii. Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff
- iii. Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
Partnerships and Coordination
- i. Understand the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and UNOPS, the project’s place in the UN system
- ii. Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners
- Accountability for results and the use of resources
- i. The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency and results. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue to a supervisor
- Excellence Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
4. Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree preferably in Project Management, Engineering, Business
- Administration, Economics or other relevant discipline is required.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience preferably in Project Management, Engineering, Business Administration,
- Economics or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree
- PRINCE2 Foundation and/or Practitioner Certification – Preferred
b. Work Experience
- Seven years (or more based on academic credentials) of experience in project development or management, preferably with a focus on stakeholder management, monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations is required.
- Experience in the management of infrastructure projects is an asset.
c. Language Requirements
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of Serbian would be an asset
- PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification – Preferred
e. Core Competencies
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
Project Manager 1
- Psihologija i sociologija
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine