Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/18720
Post Title: Project Management Support - Officer (Good Governance and Gender Equality)
Post Level: LICA 8
Org Unit: ECR, RSOC, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Multiple (Belgrade, Novi Pazar, Vranje and Niš)
Duration: Ongoing ICA – Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of
funds and/or to satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 6. November 2019.
1. Background Information
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
In Serbia, UNOPS has been active since 2000, became the Project Centre (RSPC) in 2012, and was reclassified, due a growing portfolio, to Operations Centre (RSOC) at the beginning of 2017. Since 2017, RSOC operations have expanded to North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia, Georgia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSOC is implementing 13 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, creation of more favourable environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.
2. Background Information – Job specific
The “Enhancing Good Governance and Social Inclusion for Municipal Development” Programme (Swiss PRO) will improve local capacities primarily in 99 municipalities in Šumadija and Western Serbia, and South and Eastern Serbia regions to apply good governance (GG) principles in local policies and regulations and thus increase social cohesion. The Government of Switzerland has allocated CHF 6.9 million for the Programme, with the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) responsible for its implementation, in cooperationwith the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SCTM).
The Programme has to fulfil two main goals:
- To contribute to the enhancement of organisations and officials’ knowledge and skills
- To positively change the scope and quality of public services rendered to citizens, especially to thosefrom excluded groups.
Both goals will lead to improved regulations, institutional, technical and human capacities for the enhancement of e-services. In addition, capacity building will be provided to local civil society organisations (CSOs) as well as institutions dealing with social inclusion and gender equality.
Overall, this will contribute to the improved rule of law at the local level, increased accountability, transparency and efficiency and effectiveness of the local governments (LSGs), and ultimately improvement of quality of life of citizens, especially excluded citizens.
The Programme will coordinate its activities with the key line-national-level institutions, while observing the national strategies, laws and relevant development documents, which will contribute to sustainability, ensure national ownership and develop national capacities. The content and the scope of the Programme will significantly complement the European Union Support to Municipal Development – EU PRO Programme.1
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Management Support – Officer for Good Governance (GG) and Gender Equality (GE) will hold overall responsibility of the Programme’s activities aiming at enhanced use of good governance principles and gender equality in the Programme municipalities, as well as support monitoring of activities implemented by the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SCTM). He/she will lead the Sector for GG and GE, including the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Sector activities and management of personnel.
The Project Management Support – Officer for GG and GE will undertake the following activities/responsibilities:
- Maintain professional relationship with the line ministries and national-level institutions, beneficiaryLSGs, and other Sector stakeholders
- Develop reports and qualitative and quantitative analysis on the Sector performance
- Contribute to presentation of the Programme’s support to GG and GE
- Provide support to the Programme’s communication and visibility activities
Delivery and Performance:
- Contribute to the Programme planning and ensure timely delivery of the approved Activity, Procurement, Financial and other Sector plans
- Lead design process and implementation of all Calls for Proposals within the Sector for GG and GE
- Organise efficient monitoring of activities and grants supported through the GG and GE Sector
- Ensure efficient and effective provision of technical assistance and support to LSGs through development and execution of activities and grant schemes designed to contribute to the Programme results
- Manage quality of implemented activities within the Sector for GG and GE and ensure products are positively assessed by the key national stakeholders and beneficiaries
- In cooperation with the Project Manager and the Support Services Team, ensure efficient and effective management of the Sector budget
- With the guidance of the Project Management and Support Services Team, prepare Terms of Reference necessary for engagement of individual consultants and/or consultancies needed for the Sector for GG and GE
- With support from the Communications and Media Officer and Logistics, organise events and functions related to the Sector for GG and GE
- Provide timely and punctual information to the Programme team about GG and GE Sector milestones as well as about external GG and GE development that are relevant for the Programme
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers and retainers supporting the Sector activities
- Manage establishment and maintenance of archive related to the Sector activities
- Provide advice to the Head of Programme on GG and GE related activities
- Ensure good governance and gender equality principles and practices are incorporated into the activities in accordance with the Programme’s objectives and methodology
- With support from the Project Manager, ensure respect of UNOPS project management requirements
- With support from the Head of Support Services and the Grants and Procurement Officer, ensure respect of UNOPS procurement procedures
- With support from the Head of Support Services and the Finance Officer, ensure that all Sector’s 1 The Programme will be implemented by UNOPS, with the EU funding of 25 million Euros, over 36 months and is focussed on improving business environment for small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurs, including building infrastructure to improve local economy,
- quality of life and the efficiency of local authorities in property management.
- expenditures comply with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR)
- Contribute to development and update of the Programme’s plans and strategies
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and implement mitigation measures in accordancewith the Risk Management Strategy
- Provide accurate and quality reports and inputs as envisaged by the Programme Document
- Provide accurate and quality inputs needed for monitoring of Programme’s performance, outputs and benefits as requested by the Project Manager and/or Head of Programme
- Ensure respect of UNOPS/Swiss PRO configuration management requirements
- Contribute to high visibility of the Swiss PRO, its donor, UNOPS and the other stakeholders involved in the Programme by providing information on the Sector’s activities.
- Ensure that GG and GE Sector contributed to efficient and effective use of One UNOPS Projects.
- Participate in the UNOPS’ Communities of Practice
- Contribute to identification and sharing of the Programme’s lessons learned and the best practices as per reporting format
- Provide feedback to the Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS’ policies.
- Share knowledge and experience with the colleagues and contribute to Programme and RSPO learning
- Lead and motivate the Sector for GG and GE’ personnel, including retainers, and ensure they respect professional standards of conduct
- Ensure good quality conduct of full performance evaluation cycle, completion of mandatory courses and encourage personnel continuous learning and development
- Support personnel development through mentoring.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
- At the request of the Head of Office and as may be reasonably required, provide support to the RSPO activities in line with the scope of services above in order to further the common objectives of the RSPO and its projects’ donors.
Required Selection Criteria
- First level University Degree preferably in public administration, social or political sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline is required
- Advanced University degree in relevant field will be considered as an asset
- PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE 2) Foundation Certification is an asset
c. Work Experience
- Minimum two years of experience in project development, implementation, coordination and monitoring is required.
- Experience in working with local self-governments in Serbia is an asset.
- Experience in designing approach to address good governance and gender equality issues with local self-governments and coordination with national level will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in working with government officials and donor representatives preferably in similar projects/programmes is an asset.
d. Language Requirements
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required
e. Driving License
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
f. Core Competencies
- Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms.
- Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
- Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
- Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Cover Letter to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at
Project Management Support - Officer (Good Governance and Gender Equality) 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine