Oglas namenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Vacancy code: VA/2019/B5109/17814
Post Title: On-call Construction Water Engineer
Post Level: LICA Specialist-8
Org Unit: ECR, RSOC, Serbia
Duty Station (DS): Home based
Duration: Up to 100 days in one year period
Closing Date: 15 May 2019
1. Background Information
The Government of the Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed three financial agreements worth 200 million Euros for the Project “Modernization, Development, Expansion and Extension of clinical centres in the cities of Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis and Kragujevac” (Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project). The Project started in 2007 but due to the size and complexity, as well as limited resources and capacities of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), established within the Ministry of Health at the start of the Project, the implementation is well behind planned timelines.
In order to support Project’s ‘back on track’ and to effectively use above mentioned loans from EIB, the Government of Republic of Serbia has requested UNOPS to provide technical assistance support in project management and infrastructure project management to assist in the planning and implementation of the Four Clinical Centres in Serbia Project, financed by the Government of Republic of Serbia and European Investment Bank (EIB).
The technical assistance includes the capacity building of the Ministry of Health and its Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to implement donor and international financial institutions (IFIs) funded projects based on project management principles in the future.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Project Chief Engineer, and support of the Project Infrastructure Specialist, the On-call Construction Water Engineer will undertake the following tasks/duties:
- Provide technical support to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for all specific issues from his/her area of expertise, designs and works, for the expansion and extension of clinical centres in Belgrade, Novi Sad and Kragujevac project, implemented by the Ministry of Health through PIU.
- Assist the PIU in the preparation of technical documents/technical specifications for public tenders as well as advise throughout all stages of the public procurement processes, regarding his/her area of expertise
- Perform checks and revisions of technical documents/designs during construction, in his/her area of expertise when requested by the Project Chief Engineer
- Assist PIU in technical monitoring of the construction works in his/her area of expertise, to ensure compliance with the technical documentation
- Perform other duties in his/her area of expertise as assigned by the Project Chief Engineer.
3. Required Selection Criteria
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering is required
- Master degree in relevant discipline would be an asset
b. Work Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant professional engineering experience on site, out of which at least one year as a licensed construction (water) engineer
- Experience in assessment, preparation of specifications for water and sanitation parts of the design and other tendering documentation in the process of building design and construction is required
- Work experience on multimillion dollar projects as responsible construction (water) engineer is an asset
Valid graduate engineer’s licenses for responsible designer/site engineer is required: 314 or 414
d. Language Requirements
- Serbian as native language is required
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset
e. Driving licence
Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
f. Core Competencies
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and a copy of relevant license to UNOPS via UNOPS Jobs at following link:
Kindly note that this is a local position open to nationals of the Republic of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
On-call Construction Water Engineer 1
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i veštine
Specijalna znanja i veštine